Today Leo Laporte speculated that Apple may be giving up on computers to focus on their big sellers, the iPhone, the iPad, and the iPod.
This development is evidenced by several factors:
1. Their computers are low profit compared to their appliance items.
2. Apple took the word "Computer" off their "Apple, Inc." log.
3. Apple is overdue for new laptops, but is in no rush to bring them out.
4. Apple has allowed Windows 7 to catch up with its current OSX.
5. It's easier for Apple to lie down and let Google and Microsoft take over the computer market.
Of course the biggest reason is that computers just don't bring them enough profit. Why should they bother?