« You Want Your Manly Watch to Have the Wow Factor, But Make Sure It Ages Gracefully | Main | Kevin S Looks at the Tecsun PL-450 by Comparing It to Several Similar Portables »

April 30, 2010

Comments

Radio Russ

A word of caution to those who think radios that charge rechargeable batteries internally are desirable. Locally, two houses have suffered fire damage from radios that overheated the batteries and caused a fire. There have been several more "close calls" where a fire was avoided, but the smoke is poisonous at any rate and will kill pet birds quickly. I never leave anything on a charger unattended. I'm trying to find out what models were involved in these recent fires and will post them here. The Lancaster, PA Fire Marshall will be issuing a statement about charging-type radios (and also coffee makers that come on automatically with a timer).

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Working...
Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been posted. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.

Working...

Post a comment

Your Information

(Name and email address are required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)

Advertisements






  • Advertisements

Advertisements






  • Advertisements

Advertisements






  • Advertisements
My Photo

Advertisements






  • Advertisements

Advertisements






  • Advertisements

Advertisements






  • Advertisements

August 2020

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
            1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31          
Blog powered by Typepad

Pages

Companion Website: Breakthrough Writer

My Photo

Become a Fan